Welcome to Hill City Elementary School...Home of the HAWKS!
Pickens County Schools Vision Statement: Graduation and life preparation for all.
We will educate our students in a safe, nurturing, respectful, and fiscally responsible environment that holds the highest expectations.
- Each student will have the opportunity to learn, to be successful, and to become a good citizen.
- All students can learn; however, some learn by different methods and at different speeds.
- Teaching and learning best takes place in a safe and nurturing environment.
- The education of each student must be an effort that involves the support and participation of the school, parents, and community.
- Schools are accountable for student achievement and should strive for continued improvement.
- Quality education requires fiscally responsible expenditures for quality staff, programs, facilities, equipment, and technology.
- Recruiting, employing, and nurturing dedicated, well-qualified, and highly professional employees is important to a successful education program.
- All staff should have access to standards-based, collaborative staff development to improve professional skills.
- All policy, administrative, instructional, and educational support decisions should be based on student needs.
- Extracurricular activities are important in the overall development of students, and these experiences contribute to academic success.
At Hill City, Teachers and Staff have high expectations for the learning environment. PBIS is a prevention-oriented approach to school-wide discipline. Students and staff are expected to be: