Welcome to Hill City Elementary School...Home of the HAWKS!
Pickens County Schools Vision Statement: Graduation and life preparation for all.
We will educate our students in a safe, nurturing, respectful, and fiscally responsible environment that holds the highest expectations.
- Each student will have the opportunity to learn, to be successful, and to become a good citizen.
- All students can learn; however, some learn by different methods and at different speeds.
- Teaching and learning best takes place in a safe and nurturing environment.
- The education of each student must be an effort that involves the support and participation of the school, parents, and community.
- Schools are accountable for student achievement and should strive for continued improvement.
- Quality education requires fiscally responsible expenditures for quality staff, programs, facilities, equipment, and technology.
- Recruiting, employing, and nurturing dedicated, well-qualified, and highly professional employees is important to a successful education program.
- All staff should have access to standards-based, collaborative staff development to improve professional skills.
- All policy, administrative, instructional, and educational support decisions should be based on student needs.
- Extracurricular activities are important in the overall development of students, and these experiences contribute to academic success.
What being a HAWK means to me:
Hard At Work KidS! - Brooke
Treating everyone the same. - Cassidy
To care for others. - Jessi
Being responsible and having pride in yourself. - Austin
To be respectful to others and getting respect in return. - Corey
To work hard every day and get good grades. - Lilly
To care about my friends and teachers. - Kyle
We follow the rules and are nice to each other. - Lexi
We help each other out. - Caylor
We are honest. - Eli
We do really fun things. - Lily
If someone falls down, we help them up. - Coleman
Believing in yourself. - Matthew
Being a member of the Hill City Family. - Brett
Walking through the front door and knowing it will be a good day. - Amber
HCES is a Title I Distinguished School